Friday, January 22, 2010

Americano vs Italo-Americano vs Italiano

Been getting more and more into the city as of late. Orientation is winding down and classes begin soon, so I'm taking the time to really get to know the place and the people. Here are some things that came to mind.

Over the past couple of days a couple of people have approached me asking for directions. Of course I didn't know what to say, but I thought it was pretty funny considering I've only just arrived. I am getting good at ASKING for directions, but I obviously couldn't provide any help. But those moments really boost my confidence.

However, there's one place where I can --without fail-- get the wind knocked out of me. That is the STANDA supermercato. The supermercato is cheap, but the cashiers really just don't seem to like me. I don't know what it is. I'm going to try and go other places, hahahhaa, because the convenience isn't worth the hassle at the checkout line. Everywhere else people are helpful and will let you mess up the language as you learn. Ehh, I'm not even THAT bad. They talk so fast!

Oh well. Chicken, pasta arrabiata, bread, and red wine ought to cheer me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment